Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some interesting info on my favorite Bob Kondrak photo

A bunch of people have been coming out of the woodwork the past few days on garage rock forums and Facebook sharing their stories about Kondrak, which is excellent. One woman that knew Bob back in the '70s punk scene gave me some info on that punk kid photo I love:

"In your bottom & favorite BK photo is Nina who was only about 10 years old. I often helped her get home or to someone's house after shows at the Bird, etc. I really wonder what happened to her. I have photos of her dancing on stage with the Boomtown Rats looking so happy. Often she didn't look that happy."

1 comment:

3rdbase Midget said...

Bob was awesome. I called him King Bob, because his knowledge of Reagge music, and his creation of top-notch cassette compilations of dub music.
He also took photos of bands i played in - Meyce, Enemy, Little Magnets...