Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lux Interior of the Cramps has died. Crap!

The Daily Swarm has been reporting all day that Lux Interior of The Cramps had died. No one could find any other confirmation about it anywhere else on on the Web, so we were treating it as a false rumor. Sadly, now it sounds true, Billboard, Pitchfork, and LimeWire are now reporting it as well. Crap. Seriously, I think I'm gonna have to cry 96 tears from 96 eyes. This totally bums me out, more than most musician deaths, I've been listening to The Cramps for 25 years. It seems somehow appropriate that I repost the weird photo I took of Lux at the Showbox about 15 years where it look like he's crying... only today it's his fans that are crying.

4 comments:

Jack J said...

Unfortunately, they've now confirmed it:

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/cramps-lux-interior-rip/

This is just awful, awful news!

:-( :-( :-(

Anonymous said...

It was election night and Lux told me W would serve another term. Seemed fitting somehow. We were at the Showbox, it was a great show, where the fuck were you?
Can't believe how upset I am over this.

Anonymous said...

When I was a little shit I read an interview with the Cramps & lux claimed to be over 300 years old. For over 20 years I have repeated that story to people when ever the topic of age or growing old comes up. I was hoping he would live for at least another 300 years!

Jack J said...

That's funny; a couple of days ago I actually found an interview on YouTube where Lux says they began the band "400 years ago". LOL.