Monday, March 24, 2008

Very early issues of 10 Things now online!

The folks over at Operation Phoenix Records (in Mill Creek, Washington no less!) have done an excellent job documenting punk rock zine history by scanning in a number of big zines from long ago and making them available as PDF files for everyone. In their Punk Zine Archive you can find early issues of Suburban Voice, MaximumRocknRoll, Flipside, HeartattaCk and now my old zine 10 Things Jesus Wants You To Know. I have to say, I'm a bit embarrassed by both the layout and content of the early issues, we really didn't know what we were doing, but I guess that's half the fun of zines. Follow the link, check out what's there. Not only 10 Things and the other zines, but the Operation Phoenix website has punk MP3s and they run a distro with some great classic punk records.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got all the other issues of 10 Things posted on the site (finally). Before I left WA, I didn't get a chance to scan the first issue at the UW. If you have a spare copy, I'll scan it and mail it back. If not, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one.

Thanks for putting out 10 Things! I'm not sure how you managed to find the time to publish it, but I always enjoyed reading it.