Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Pogues


$50 is the most I've ever paid for a ticket to a rock show... hell, it's probably double what I've paid. I stopped paying for big shows back when tickets were in the $25 range and have really only gone to ones in the past decade I could get into free. I don't like festivals or big shows for the most part, I like my rock in small clubs with beer flying and the barrier between the crowd and the band broken down, rather than enforced by a wood wall and a bunch of beefy security dudes. But I'll tell ya, I've been a fan of The Pogues forever and have never seen them live. And I know it will be a total crapshoot from talking to people that have seen them before, either Shane will be wasted and good or completely wasted and barely able to perform. I guess I'll find out tomorrow night...

No comments: